January 9, 2012

It's a Blog!

After over a year of applying and continuous waiting, I'm finally heading to Ecuador in less than two weeks with the U.S. Peace Corps! I haven't wanted to create a blog for fear of jinxing my long awaited spot as an invitee, but, with only days left, I'm finally giving in and creating one. I know nothing is certain until I touch down in Quito on January 19th. Then, realistically, everything is even more uncertain. Oh well, that's life.

I'll be using this blog to share about my life at the equator--experiences, ramblings, boring events, pictures, people, culture shocks, roasted guinea pigs, biodiversity, projects, exciting happenings, travels, living with host families, language struggles--and the blog will, of course, evolve as my adventure begins.

Internet connectivity is a huge uncertainty at this point, so I'm not sure how often I'll be able to update this. The quality and/or quantity of my future posts might be affected by an array of factors. Best not to worry if I don't post. While I'll make an effort--no promises!

So with that intro, I must say: Welcome to my blog, blah, blah, blah. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment