January 17, 2012

Gratitude, Endings, and Beginnings

The beginning of my adventure is just hours away! Saying goodbye is always bittersweet when leaving for a new adventure, yet I must say farewell. I'm heading out on a plane for Dallas early in the morning tomorrow (Wednesday) to meet my fellow Peace Corps Trainees for our staging event (orientation). On Thursday, we'll fly as a group to Miami and then to Quito, Ecuador. I can't believe it's finally happening. Below are all of my worldly possessions for the next 27 months--it's actually sort of refreshing to only own what I can carry (sort of being the key words). I'm not sure when I'll be able to provide an update, but, until I can, I just want to say THANK YOU to everyone for your words of support and love. Each word of kindness has meant so much as I leave on this grand adventure. Hasta luego! 


"It is so much easier to live placidly and complacently. Of course, to live placidly and complacently is not to live at all." (Jack London)

"All paths lead nowhere, so it is important to choose a path that has heart." (Carlos Castaneda)

1 comment: